I added a new section of my blog called “What’s on Tap for this Week” which I will try and keep updated with what recipes I am planning on making. I started off this week with making Gluten Free Rotini with Basil Pesto, Arugula, Roasted Tomatoes and Crispy Prosciutto, adapted from a recipe from Barilla, and Baked Green Beans.
The recipe for the pasta was modified from Barilla and can be found below.
The recipe for the baked green beans can be found here. We used Glutino breadcrumbs and extra black pepper instead of Cayenne Pepper.
Recipe for Gluten Free Rotini with Basil Pesto, Arugula, Roasted Tomatoes and Crispy Prosciutto
1 box of Gluten Free Rotini
4 plum tomatoes, quartered
1/2 cup of EVOO, divided
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 clove of garlic
1/2 cup of Manchego
10 basil leaves
2 cups arugula
1/2 cup of prosciutto, rendered, chopped and crispy
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Quarter the tomatoes and toss in 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Place tomatoes on a sheet tray and roast in the oven for 10 minutes
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- In a blender, combine cheese and basil, season with salt and pepper. Blend well. Add 5 tablespoons of olive oil while blending. Set aside.
- Sautee garlic in 1 tablespoon of olive oil for 1-2 minutes or until slightly yellow in color. Add the roasted tomatoes and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and toss with the garlic and tomato sauce
- Crisp the prosciutto in a separate pan.
- Drizzle pasta with basil pesto and toss with arugula. Top with the crispy prosciutto.